Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

looking for correct t-stat

Options
I was till recently lutzsteam..but now have a new name,same problem. OK my round honey-well w/mercury was thrown out by the mechanic who put a april-air non-programmable t-stat in for my 6 year old Utica Peg 2 pipe steam boiler,(it replaced the original coal?oil?gas huge red boiler(a wonderful intimitating huge scary thing)  also cleaned the system.my problem is, it gets suffocating hot, then too cold in between. Utica recommended white rogers non programmable T-stat for hydraulic cycling,others TH5110 1 cycle p/h,honeywell a T87k1007.....Please,what is best? I just spend over a $100 on the april-air one. thanks everyone. Never mind that all my steam-trapps no doubt are shut,dont think anyone even peeked at the main vents (I live her over 30 years and just read "so you have steam-heat by Dan H. and am really obsessed. pls consider, i am an old female,cant do the tools but i have to know whats what because no heating-man seems to know all that much.everyone tells me something else. thanks again
This discussion has been closed.