Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Circle Combvustion Sysyem/ Calortechnica Boiler

ChrisGNH
ChrisGNH Member Posts: 1
I have a Circle Combustion oil-fired hot water heating system, installed in 1988.This unit features a Calortechnica boiler with a Riello burner, The boiler is a European-designed unit, doghouse-shaped with three passes.

When my technician came to do routine service, he could not find the access port/door for cleaning the boiler.

Does anyone have any info on this system ( literature, drawings, etc) and can anyone tell me how this unit is accessed? I was told that there is a sheet-metal screen clipped to the front of the boiler. Once removed, there is a cast iron door that is latched to the boiler that can be opened.Is this true?

Thanks.

Comments

• Matthew Grallert
    Matthew Grallert Member Posts: 109
    servicing the circle

Good boiler.  There are removable jacket panels on the front and back of the boiler.  The flue pipe most be removed and the burner should also be removed.  The bolts holding the clean out covers will be obvious.  The front and back both have two covers, top and bottom.  The tech should have on hand some water glass and glass rope to replace the gaskets that are likely torn and or missing.

Good boiler.  Did I mention that?

peace

Matthew
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,431
    The only time.....

I saw one of those was in stratham, nh. Looks like a decent unit (3 pass) the install was a bit funny as it was a LONG run to the power vent. Should be a easy clean. Very similar to Pensotti.
This discussion has been closed.