Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

buffer/ separator tank

Options
hot_rod
hot_rod Member Posts: 22,158
Here is a tank we are working on. It will be available as a 50, 80 or 119 gallon capacity. It has seven- 2" FIP ports spaced around it, a drain and three 3/4" top ports. It is glassed lined and could be used for potable water also. Dual anode rods are an option.

It could be used as a buffer and separator tank,for hydronics, solar, chilled water, GEO buffer or DHW use.

I've shown a bunch of bushing options for adding sensors or reducing the port size with reducing ells. We will have 2 X 3/4 stainless bushings as an option.

I also have some duplex bushings from O.E.M, to put multiple sensors in one port, or a double tapped bushing to put a dip tube at a predetermined level in the tank.

I'm also working on a coiled HX that could screw into the 2" ports. probably enough HX for 2 or 3 collectors.

Here is a pic of one connected to my wood gasification boiler. The boiler, 500 gallon storage and take-offs to the radiant are shown. I also have a sensor well to accept 3 small diameter sensors in one 3/4" port.

Any other ideas or suggestions?

hr
Bob "hot rod" Rohr
trainer for Caleffi NA
Living the hydronic dream
This discussion has been closed.