Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Boy am I spolied!

Options
Kungur
Kungur Member Posts: 49
So with my radiant floor heat in and living with nice warm floors I have become REALLY spoiled. Being in a few different homes during the Christmas season my feet were ALWAYS cold!

Now I think "My heating system is better than your's"!

Thanks for all the help you guys have provided and oh yeah and for spoiling me!

Comments

• Gordy
    Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
    Options
    The real kicker

Is when they come to your house, and realize how poor their comfort systems are.:)
  • Jean-David Beyer
    Jean-David Beyer Member Posts: 2,666
    Options
    how poor their comfort systems are.

I got a graphic demonstration of that. There is a pretty nice retirement community near where I live. They have forced hot air heat. The appliances are sort-of good. I have friends who live there and they are twisting my arm to move three too. I cannot stand their heat: uneven, drafty. The average heat they have is probably OK, but I do not like the drafts and variations. It is quite striking.

Now I had my kitchen remodeled a few years ago, and it is way nicer than those in the retirement community. So maybe sometime I may have to move three, but I hope it is at least 10 years from now.

I have other friends who have hot water heat. Standrad little W-M oil burner, two zones, 180F heat in both zones. They turn the heat completely off when they are not home, while I worry about their pipes freezing. The zoning is incorrect, and the thermostats improperly located. Their bedrooms too hot at night, and the rest of the house too cold in daytime. I suggest they re-zone the bedrooms so they are all in the same zone and put a thermostat in one of them. And do the kitchen, living room and dining room as the other zone (no point more than one, because no doors between them). And move the thermostat away from the front door. They say it is too expensive to do that, but I suspect they have never found out what that would cost. I am glad I am not a heating contractor.

I have hot water heat, too, and use outdoor reset to great advantage. Right now the water into my downstairs zone (radiant) is 97F (or it would be, but the thermostat is satisfied).
This discussion has been closed.