Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Gorton d on riser

Options
acl10
acl10 Member Posts: 349
Can I put Gorton D valves on the risers coming out of the end of the main if the main doesnt have an airvent and there is no place to put one? Wil the Gorton ds hold up?

Comments

• Rod
    Rod Posts: 2,067
    Options
    Main Vents

Hi- What sort of steam system do you have? You could also place them on the end of the dry returns.

- Rod
  • acl10
    Options
    1 pipe steam

1 pipe staem I dont want to put it on the return because it will make noise in the room the return is located in. Can I use Gorton ds?
  • Jeremy_16
    Jeremy_16 Member Posts: 113
    Options
    Gorton D's

We use Gorton D's on the risers in the bathrooms of a couple of the buildings we manage (There are no radiators in the bathroom, only the steam risers) We put one vent at the top of the steam risers on the fourth floor and they have worked for several years.
  • acl10
    Options
    I am puting it on riser near main

I want to put the Gorton D on the riser coming out of the main. It will be about 6 inches up from the main in order to vent the main. There are 2 risers at the end of the main and I want to vent both of them with Goprtod ds will that work? The main doesnt have a vent so essentialy this is to vent the main.
  • acl10
    Options
    Do all Gortons have the same guts?

Do all Gortons have the same guts?
  • Charlie from wmass
    Charlie from wmass Member Posts: 4,322
    Options
    Better than nothing but

not quite the right thing to do. Can you drill and tap the main near the end? Well 18" back from the drop or less if need be and use an antler.
    Cost is what you spend , value is what you get.

cell # 413-841-6726
    https://heatinghelp.com/find-a-contractor/detail/charles-garrity-plumbing-and-heating
This discussion has been closed.