Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Taco Innovex

NRT_Rob
NRT_Rob Member Posts: 1,013
anyone using it? Any thoughts?
Rob Brown
Designer for Rockport Mechanical
in beautiful Rockport Maine.

Comments

• NRT_Rob
    just checking

anyone?
    Rob Brown
  • meplumber
    meplumber Member Posts: 678
    I have not used it.

I think this platform is basically the same as the Caleffi one that came out a few years back.  Didn't take off.

Roger and his boys out in Lewiston, ME had a good idea, may Taco can help it take-off.

I have to do some research on the product.  I remember when they bought Innovex out but I have not kept up.
  • NRT_Rob
    we played with it

pre-taco, and it was 80% there but the 20% that wasn't was a deal breaker. We also saw it back in its caleffi incarnation but needless to say that didn't go anywhere for sure.

Taco has sunk some serious time and energy into it though, and I really wonder if it's "there" now.
    Rob Brown
  • meplumber
    I only used the Caleffi version once and was disappointed.

As you said, it was close and had the potential for greatness, but the things that were off were way off.  I wound up pulling it out and going with something else.
  • John White
    John White Member Posts: 120
    Status

Iworx has been brought up to an entirely new level.  We sort of slowed down in order to evaluate what we had, and reconfigure the platform.  We have ended up with a really interesting product line with huge upside potential. 

Having said that, I'm not the brains behind the whole thing in terms of the technology, so I am going to have someone reply here early this week with a better update.

What I do know is that whoever sees the product line loves it.

Heartfelt Holiday Wishes to my friends!!

Johnny White
  • tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,800
    RE: iworx & John White

Happy holidays John and your extended family. I am going to look into iworx, I did a little when you first picked it up, will see how it has evolved.
  • meplumber
    Thanks for taking the time to answer John.

The platform had huge potential when we saw it before.  I was excited about it, but they never seemed to fix the glitches.  I am sure that your guys will take it to the next level.

Thanks and Happy Holidays to you and your crew from all of us basement dwellers.
  • Joe Mattiello
    Joe Mattiello Member Posts: 709
    Taco, iworks systems. Previously known as Innovex

Thank you for your interest in taco products.  Taco purchased the assets of Innovex Technologies in December, 2008.  Since that time, we have taken the opportunity to evaluate the product, make enhancements and validate functionality prior to releasing the product to the field under the Taco Brand.  In April, 2009 Taco proudly launched the iWorX product line with great success.  One of the major enhancements Taco implemented is the iWorX Wizard [u][size=12][color=#0000ff]www.iWorxWizard.com[/size][/color][/u] that allows a user to choose iWorX product quickly and easily.  The Wizard provides a complete Bill of Material, Wiring Diagrams, Sequence of Operations and Points List all at the touch of a button.

I encourage you to visit our website and review all of the iWorX information for yourself.  I think you will agree that iWorX is a very powerful, yet easy to use, web enable tool that allows you to control both air and hydronic systems.  Our hope was to offer a product that would further add value to our loyal customers and meets the growing demand for energy efficiency.

Our website will have several Case Studies of iWorX installations that will provide insight into the value that the iWorX product line can provide. For your convenience I attached a link [u][size=12][color=#800080]http://www.taco-hvac.com/products.html?current_category=384[/size][/color][/u]

If you are interested in attending iWorX Product Training, please contact your local Taco Representative for more information.
    Joe Mattiello
    N. E. Regional Manger, Commercial Products
    Taco Comfort Solutions
  • In progress....

I'm working with Innovex on a blended (3) geo water-to-water + hi-eff modcon boiler multi/multi radiant/hydro-air heat-chilled system retrofit.
  • Shangra
    Shangra Member Posts: 1
    Damn good controls

Best energy management control option out for the installer as well as the end user. This system gets better every day, Taco is clearly serious about EMS and remodeling there line to play well with this platform. Two projects complete, one grossly over designed the other with several RTUs, VAVs with reheat, fan coils, million btus in boilers and all lighting. NO PROBLEMS!

End user has no annual fee and contractor does not have to play games with a control company.

The big three should be very concerned. Taco has just started and has some great talent.

Tim
This discussion has been closed.