Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Taco Variable Speed Circ problem

Wayco Wayne_2
Wayco Wayne_2 Member Posts: 2,479
I was reading a thread here on the Wall last week that mentioned a problem with the Taco 008 variable speed circs. Hmmmm, I thought. I've got one out there and had no problems. May be it missed me. Well that's all it took. I done gone and jinxed myself. I've started having intermittent problems with that system and it's not funny. Can somone bring me up to speed in 37 words or less? Ah go on. Take 50 words if you must. Thanks for any help you can give ASAP. WW

Comments

• Wayco Wayne_2
    No comments yet?

Am I mistaken that there was a problem? The circ stops working intermitantly and thurning off power for a while and turning it back on lets it work for a while more. Not good with this cold temp weather. WW
  • EricAune
    EricAune Member Posts: 432
    Update

There was an update for the board, I have had zero problems with about twelve of them out there.  The problems (I think) were related to very low flow situations or something, again I haven't had issues so I couldn't say for sure.  Of course now I am hoping I didn't just step into something as well....

Contact Taco tech service, they are awesome.  They will need some numbers off the label, I believe, to identify whether your has the new board or not.

Good luck!

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Wayco Wayne_2
    Taco took

good care of me. The first generation  of this circ had a circuit board problem. I had bought this circ as soon as they came out and it had been on my garage shelf for quite a while, so I installed it unaware of the issue. No biggie. I'm told the fix took care of it. They are sending me the new circuit board. In the meanwhile I replaced it with a 007 and it's giving my customer heat. Thank God I always put in flanges with ball valves so changing the circ doesnt take but a minute.  
  • bill_105
    bill_105 Member Posts: 429
    What is the problem??

Some time ago a noise issue arose. With that I started using alpha and stratos. I have a pile of brand new or slightly used circs. in my shop now. I wonder if Taco had  used a flatter curve pump for their VDT's instead of the 8,12 and 13. Their literature states they once did. Nonetheless Taco is a wonderful company. That's for sure!
  • Unknown
    edited December 2010
    Yes, I had a prob,,

with 2- 008VDT which turned me-off Taco completely.

My experience is that Taco was not helpful at all!!

Too bad for me Taco is "plastered" all over my trucks, but they did nothing to help me-out!

I guess this is typical of Canadian-American relations as it is not supposed to get so cold up here!

Well,,, I`m sure many of us have news for you!

We are NOT as stupid as you may think!!
  • JimGar
    JimGar Member Posts: 1
    General Manager

Dave, I was very concerned to see your comments about the level of service you recieved from Taco Canada Ltd. regarding your issue with our 008-VDT.

Please feel free to contact me at 905-564-9422 to discuss it.

Thanks, Jim Garrett General Manager Taco Canada Ltd.
  • Charlie from wmass
    Charlie from wmass Member Posts: 4,357
    Dave I think you had a bad experience with

a good product. I keep saying it is the customer service not the boiler or pump that most of us buy. Taco has been good to me. Knock on wood only had one bad 007 from them in all the years.
    Cost is what you spend , value is what you get.

cell # 413-841-6726
    https://heatinghelp.com/find-a-contractor/detail/charles-garrity-plumbing-and-heating
  • Sure did Charlie,,,

Besides the pump episodes,, I installed a LTR0243-1 LWCO for a customer.

Kept getting called back for nuisance shut-downs.

Replaced the control, re-installed it in 3 different locations,,

tried different grounding locations, all to no-avail.

I wound-up replacing with LTA1203N-1 & my problems went away,,, another POS for the scrap-bin!!

Be very leery of these things!   
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,585
    Dave,

did you call Jim?
    Retired and loving it.
  • heatboy
    heatboy Member Posts: 1,468
    edited December 2010
    My dad always told me........

....if you have nothing nice to say....................

Rule #1 if you want to get cooperation from anyone: Don't criticize, condemn or complain.

Ya' gotta live it to own it.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• OK heatboy,,,,

I guess sharing opinions from specific products is frowned-upon here,,,, when you have problems just "bite the bullet" right?

All-in-all, I hope your experiences with these products are better than mine! 
  • DanHolohan
    Well said.

The General Manager of the company offers to help him personally and Dave just smacks him.

That's not very nice.
    Retired and loving it.
  • DanHolohan
    Bite the bullet?

The guy in charge reached out to you, for Pete's sake. I just don't get it, Dave. He's offering you a solution, but you'd rather have the problem? If that's the case, by all means, rave on.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Joe Mattiello
    Joe Mattiello Member Posts: 709
    excellent customer service

Taco prides itself on the customer service after the sale. If you had any problems with the VDT pump, or any other taco products, you have valuable resource available to you in our Canada office, and the main office here in Cranston, RI.

Incidentally, I had a woman call me the other day about an electric blanket control her dog ate.  She wanted to know if I can help her.  I have no idea, how she got our number, but I promised I would help her get the information she needed.  I quickly goggled the blanket name brand, and came up with an 800 number for her.  She was so excited, she said my mother did a great job raising me, and my girl friend was a lucky girl.  I of course had her on speaker phone for the rest of tech support to enjoy.  Of course there were consequences for the dog; she took the dogs bone away. This was by far the best tech call I had in my 10 years with Taco. 

Please call me if you have any taco issues I can help you with 401-942-8000
    Joe Mattiello
    N. E. Regional Manger, Commercial Products
    Taco Comfort Solutions
  • DanHolohan
    Joe,

Dave's left the building. I finally had enough. My call.
    Retired and loving it.
This discussion has been closed.