Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

bradford white combicor

NRT_Rob
NRT_Rob Member Posts: 1,013
anyone know what this water heater draws for electrical juice? have an off the grid project coming up. if it doesn't draw much/any on standby, that might actually be a bigger consideration than the extra efficiency of a mod/con.
Rob Brown
Designer for Rockport Mechanical
in beautiful Rockport Maine.

Comments

• Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,661
    edited December 2010
    No draw

the combicor is a gas fired water tank with an internal coil for 30K btu's of heating. the draw will be whatever pumps you attach to the heating zone. If you get the power vented model...3 amps. Very noisy....
  • NRT_Rob
    NRT_Rob Member Posts: 1,013
    only 30k?

surprising. I'll have to check into it a bit more. thanks Paul... no draw is as much as I could ask for!
    Rob Brown
    Designer for Rockport Mechanical
    in beautiful Rockport Maine.
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,824
    on the early ones

with the small diameter HX coil you had to pump them pretty hard to get any where near the output they claimed. The new models have a large diameter 1-1/2 I believe HX coil, so they flow much better.

The issue with an internal HX in a tank is the heat exchange in still water. If the tank had a recirc pump on the DHW side, then you had two pumped flows and better heat exchange.

It's tough to get an accurate HX number not knowing how the temperature around the coil stratifies.

hr
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
This discussion has been closed.