Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

DC motors Nordyne

Options
having some noise issues with nordyne DC motors on their 95%ers of which they will go clunk clunk several times on shut down or start, then level off. have one now that is also making a shrill noise. factory says that it is the nature of the beast~?

my son's company sell 15 Mil of this product and getting some complaints. one customer in particular buys 1 mil a year and really upset.

have you heard of this before? these are not GE motors but another brand that starts with the letter P.................???

Comments

• don_9
    don_9 Member Posts: 395
    Options
    Motors

We do lots of nordyne product and everyone of them is a ge motor.you might be taking about the distributor that handles their parts.They are called partner choice.

The motor that is doing the clunk,clunk sounds normal.The one that making the shilling noise sound more like its ramping up bc its seeing high static due to clogged air filter or a resticitive filter,or even a undersize distribution system
  • John Mills_5
    John Mills_5 Member Posts: 951
    edited January 2011
    Options
    G7

The new G7 furnaces use Broad Ocean brand motors. We've had more than we'd like of failures but no noise complaints. I have one, it's right through the wall from my couch. Sounds no different than the GE in my Trane that it replaced.

The G6 used GE as well but there could be some P... motors at one point I seem to recall reading.
This discussion has been closed.