Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Gas comversion

jim_180
jim_180 Member Posts: 8
I have recently installed a Munchikin Contender MC 120 and performed the necessary conversion from Nat to LP. I seemed to have a high use of fuel and re-read the procedure to find I H=had misread and turned the gas throttle the wrong way .  I reversed the inital procedure and then went 3 1/2 turns clockwise. The flame went from bright orange to blue to blue orange. The boiler seems to be heating correctly and fuel consuption is down. I have scheduled a combustion test for next week to be sure the setting is correct. I use the system for radient heat bothh in concrete and under wood. Tep is set at 130 f and is warming nicely. Any suggestions or settings I could do to help would be appreciated

Comments

• Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,852
    No secrets...

There are none. Everything you or your service tech need to know is in the manual.

Your boiler was producing excess CO, and may have carboned up. I'd recommend at a minimum that the combustion chamber be opened up and a visual inspection done, and if dirty, clean it up. If it is carboned up, treat the carbon like a flammable, explosive material, because in suspension in the air, IT IS.

You are doing the right thing with the analysis. Just get it done sooner rather than later.

ME

There was an error rendering this rich post.

This discussion has been closed.