Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Purefire combustion motors failures

targetman
targetman Member Posts: 105
The company that I work for installed two Peerless Purefire boilers last winter.  A This was a local municipal job.  The City hired an Engineer who spec'ed out the boilers and near boiler piping.  Well, the near boiler pipng is screwed.  Even the rubber stamping state boiler inspector asked "who the hell did this".  The boilers themselves are models 210 and 399 piped together in the cascade design.  In my opinion it's way over sized.  And to add to all of this, the boilers were never set up with an analyzer.

Now regardless of all the problems with the install, my real problem is the combustion motor in the 210.  We have lost four motors and the boiler is only in it's second heating season.  Three of us service techs have been involed and cannot find whats causing the failures.  I have spoken to a Rep and the only thing he can add is check for moisture at the flue pipe connections.  Well there is no evidence of moisture.  I asked about changing the control board, but he called the engineering dept. and they said no.  I ordered a new motor and the grey plastic piece of pipe for the exhaust connection.  I'll glue the exhaust again and I will add a surge protector.  Any thoughts or similiar experiences? 
This discussion has been closed.