Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Honeywell TRV in-service maintenance tool?

Thor
Thor Member Posts: 11
We have a problem with Danfoss valves occasionally clogging up with debris. For the moment, let's leave "why is there enough debris in your system to clog valves" aside, though I'm working on that issue as well.

I am wondering about the slightly more expensive Honeywell valves, because their datasheets all say "all working parts are replaceable using service tool (MT100C1011) while valve remains in service, in-line, under pressure."

I cannot actually find anyone who has ever seen the MR100C1011 tool, and, so far at least, no local suppliers have them in stock. Looks like the tool would cost about $600 to order. We have a _lot_ of radiators; the cost might be justifiable.

Has anyone here ever actually used this tool? Does it actually do what's claimed?

I see Danfoss TRVs all over the place, Honeywell seldom (but not never). Any opinions on them in general?

Comments

• tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,800
    Re service tool

Yes I have, an old bldg we use to take care of had 180 thermostatic valves in it, the tool does work and great when you have no good isolation and a 10 story bldg. I thought danfoss had one too.  Good luck
  • Thor
    Thor Member Posts: 11
    service tool

I'll call Danfoss and Honeywell on Monday and ask, I guess. We have well over 1,000 radiators, which should be enough to get their attention -- I think I will ask for a loaner tool and some sample valves so we can get a feel for what it would be like to do regular maintenance using the tool.

Thanks for the feedback!
This discussion has been closed.