Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Help with cracked casting

MJR
MJR Member Posts: 2
We installed a Burnhm V8 oil-fired boiler in 2004. My oil company just informed me that the casting is cracked and needs to be replaced. I notice that there seems to be others that have had the same issues. Will Burnham stand behind this?

Please help

Comments

• bob eck
    bob eck Member Posts: 930
    Burnham`

call the company that installed it. get them to get the burnham rep out to see if it is under warranty. if you have to call burnham direct to get a rep out. burnham had big problems with their V7 oil series not to much with their V8 series. You will have to pay the contractor to take the broken section or complete boiler block out and reinstall the new one. good luck 
  • Al Letellier_21
    Al Letellier_21 Member Posts: 402
    cracked Burnham

You may have some warrantee but it will depend on what caused the issue. You did not mention if it is steam or hot water but either should be covered 100% for the first ten years. Labor/installation not included as mentioned by Bob.

IF a defect in casting and no mechanical issue caused the problem, you should be covered. If a low water cutoff failed to protect the boiler, that may be another issue all together. Follow Bob's advice and contact Burnham and have the rep take a look
This discussion has been closed.