Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Peerless spark Issue on PI-80 (i.e. Munchkin)

bjwerti
bjwerti Member Posts: 5
Peerless / Munchkin PI-80 Spark ProblemI have a 2003 Peerless PI-80 NG (i.e. Munckhin) boiler that has worked well for 7years.  I have only replaced the spark electrode once about 3yrs ago.  It recently has started to ignite poorly or not at all and another new electrode didn't help.  I've checked and I have a good ground, and good source voltages (123VAC line; 27VAC transformer).Unit is pretty clean inside for 7yr old unit (see pics of condition).  I took the burner off & cleaned it near the bolt areas and I put a new burner gasket on too.  I noticed a small harline crack at one of the bolt holes, but it hasn't progressed into the burner at all so I assume it's not an issue of concern. If I need a new control board, is there any way to upgrade my WHA Rev 0 board to the new Munchkin 926 board?  I know I can purchase the Peerless P125 upgrade kit, but that seems pretty outdated now for a control.  Is the P125 a good control board, or not worth it from the WHA? 

Comments

• Jim Pompetti
    Jim Pompetti Member Posts: 552

just up graded 3 199's can be done easily . Check you gas pressure .may  be low coming in
  • bjwerti
    926 Control Upgrade on PI-80 Analog board

My current PI-80 Pinnacle has a Rev 0 WHA analog control board.  When I upgrade to the 926 Control:

- Is it required to install a blocked vent pressure switch like newer units have, or are there instructions for a jumper?  

- Do the supply/return thermisters require replacement when upgrading to the 926 control?

- Any other adjustments required?

Thanks.
  • bjwerti
    Spark Issue Solved

I upgraded my Peerless PI-80 to a Munchkin 926 control panel today, and it works perfect now.  What an upgrade from the WHA analog to the 926 digital!
This discussion has been closed.