Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

what kind of radiator could I replace this with?

DanT Member Posts: 21
We are remodeling a kitchen and I would like to put a smaller radiator here if at all possible.  It's obviously a one pipe steam system.  I would like it to be narrower than the window and shallower (closer to the wall). I am open to any suggestions.

Thanks a lot guys,



  • gerry gill
    gerry gill Member Posts: 3,078
    how about a steam driven

    toe kick heater under the new kitchen cabinets?
    Serving Cleveland's eastern suburbs from Cleveland Heights down to Cuyahoga Falls.

  • take a look here


    There was an error rendering this rich post.

  • Steamhead
    Steamhead Member Posts: 16,889
    I wouldn't do either

    the toe-kick or the steel panel rad. Unlike cast-iron which holds its heat after the boiler shuts off, these two types would cool off immediately. So the kitchen would be cold.

    Cast-iron rads were and still are made in a slim-line version that is about three inches deep. You might be able to find what you need at a salvage yard.
    All Steamed Up, Inc.
    Towson, MD, USA
    Steam, Vapor & Hot-Water Heating Specialists
    Oil & Gas Burner Service
  • Charlie from wmass
    Charlie from wmass Member Posts: 4,322
    If you were closer

    I have two that would fit the size you want. the issue would be wil they produce enough heat to keep the kitchen the temperature you want without roasting the other rooms.
    Cost is what you spend , value is what you get.

    cell # 413-841-6726
  • DanT
    DanT Member Posts: 21

    Could you post a pic so I know what I'm looking for?


This discussion has been closed.