Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

munchkin help

I've got a contractor customer (I'm a wholesaler - with some knowledge of the unit) who was having a F14 error (fan speed too high)  last week, so I asked him to unplug the red/white/blue/black connection and see if the blower would go to fast speed.  It did. He replaced the board with the new 926 board.

Now when he installed it, he didn't program it.  (It is all default settings).

It now goes into pre-purge (full speed 3850 X 10 rpm), blower never slows down to ignition speed of 2695 X 10 rpm, and lights off, then shuts off after about 30-45 seconds (no fault code), then repeats over and over.  I think it is weird that it doesn't go into a fault code and doesn't change speed.

He's going back later today or 1st thing in the morning.

For some reason I am thinking there is a programming issue, where there needs to be a change but can't find anything.  Anyone have any experience?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Has to be done by an authorized rep...

The mother board has to be programmed by a rep to the appliance it is serving, based on altitude, fuel etc.

Can't be done on a tech level, unless this guy has software he's not supposed to have...

Get the reps involved.

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
  • BobbyG
    BobbyG Member Posts: 79
    sorry Mark

I meant that the temperature settings weren't changed from default settings. The board itself was programmed from the factory (elevation, fuel, boiler size etc.).

Here are other suggestions I have received to check?  Although I don't know what "board is programmed correctly" really means?

1. check

to make sure board is programmed correctly

2. then have him jump flue eco

out and see if problem goes away

3. if no change try jumping water switch

then water eco. Try the flue eco first. 
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    You can check the settings...

if you have the interface cable and software, but you can not change it. Only people with a special status (reps and factory personnel) can make those changes.

I'd recommend a call to the factory. That's what I'd do.

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
  • BobbyG
    BobbyG Member Posts: 79
    yea - I did contact the factory

Mark - the things mentioned on previous post is what the factory  told me (I told the contractor) to do. 

from factory:

"1. check to make sure board is programmed correctly

2. then have him jump flue eco out and see if problem goes away

3. if no change try jumping water switch then water eco. Try the flue eco first.
    "

So I went through all 30 parameters with him.  I wanted to check the parameter settings like parameter 1 - de (but could be changed to di, de, or do).

Everything was programmed right. (again I'm not talking about the board programming from a rep or factory).  I am sending him another board as this one is incorrectly controlling the blower.
This discussion has been closed.