Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

not heating related but hoping for some help

Options
jonny88
jonny88 Member Posts: 1,139
im a nyc plumber,my question is ,is no hub pipe allowed on long island residential houses.the ny state code book isnt to clear ,

Comments

• ezzy travis
    ezzy travis Member Posts: 10
    Options
    no hub

you can use no hub anywhere in the country. the only time you cant use any kind of material is when the code books say cant or shall not use, those are the words to look for.

why use no hub when you can use pvc?
  • Jack
    Jack Member Posts: 1,047
    Options
    Frequently a combination

of PVC and CI is the best, primarily for noise reduction issues. It's no fun sitting in house and having the water closets flush and hearing the rush of...water, through the system transferred to the lower living spaces. CI will effectively dampen that noise. CI for the risers and some laterals is a idea.
  • Steve_210
    Steve_210 Member Posts: 646
    Options
    to be sure

you need to check with your local town as codes can vary from town to town on long island. most likely you are ok but i have heard rumors of certain areas requiring DWV  (copper).
  • jonny88
    Options
    pvc and cast iron

after re-reading the book always a good idea i figured out what they were saying.no hub is fine but you cant use mechanical joints on above ground installations while using pvc. i learned on cast iron and find the change to pvc hard to make and as for pex for water supply......................pretty soon the trade will be gone
  • jonny88
    Options
    pvc and cast iron

after re-reading the book always a good idea i figured out what they were saying.no hub is fine but you cant use mechanical joints on above ground installations while using pvc. i learned on cast iron and find the change to pvc hard to make and as for pex for water supply......................pretty soon the trade will be gone
This discussion has been closed.