Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

special radiator valve

FGS Member Posts: 1
I need to replace a special radiator valve which no one local has ever seen.

It is on a conversion system (steam to hot water)

There are two 3/4" BI pipies coming up through the floor that connect to each side of the valve.

On the bull side of the valve there is a single connection to the radiator.

The valve handle is on top.


  • Steve_210
    Steve_210 Member Posts: 646

    can you post a picture
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Special Valve:

    I know what you have and I doubt seriously you will find a similar replacement valve.

    If and when you replace this valve with two valves and a major re-pipe of the connection, Dan H. might like it as a conversation piece at his seminars.

    "What is this and what is it used for?"

    "What the FFFFFF?"  "I just duuuuunnnn'o,"
  • bob_46
    bob_46 Member Posts: 813

    Sounds like a Honeywell "Unique" . Good Luck

    There was an error rendering this rich post.

  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Special Valve:

    Here is some info on them:


    I would say that it depends on where they are leaking as to the possibility of repairing it.
  • Steamhead
    Steamhead Member Posts: 16,889
    It's not a conversion

    That sounds like a Honeywell "Unique" hot-water valve, or a similar model. It would probably be easier to repair it than to try finding a replacement. 
    All Steamed Up, Inc.
    Towson, MD, USA
    Steam, Vapor & Hot-Water Heating Specialists
    Oil & Gas Burner Service
This discussion has been closed.