Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Uponor Radiant Training

James Day_2
James Day_2 Member Posts: 191
Has anyone taken the uponor radiant training classes. Wondering if it is worth the trip. Any input would be appreciated

Comments

• Al Letellier_21
    Al Letellier_21 Member Posts: 402
    Wirsbo trainging

I took the training several years ago when John was there and it is about the best training I have ever attended in my many years in the trade, and I have no doubt that even now that John has left, that it is still well worth the trip.

You will enjoy the way they treat their customers.!!!
  • SpeyFitter
    SpeyFitter Member Posts: 422
    Uponor radiant repair...

On the topic of Wirsbo/Uponor, I read something today that intrigued me and I'm curious if it's true. This article said that their plastic EP fittings are suitable to be encased in concrete (or along those lines). Does anyone know if this is true?  (i.e. if you had a pipe damaged or hit during a concrete pour or earlier, you could repair it with their plastic fittings and encase it in the concrete). For years, locally, the only approved method was to either go below the floor and put a pex coupling (which isn't possible if you're on the bottom floor of a slab on grade), or to use the Rehau Everloc system as an approved coupling/repair method that is suitable to be encased.

Anyone know?
    Class 'A' Gas Fitter - Certified Hydronic Systems Designer - Journeyman Plumber
This discussion has been closed.