Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

Tempering valve water not hot enough

I just installed a new boiler and on demand instant hot water heater that uses the boiler water to make hot water. The  manufacture recommended a tempering valve so the water isn't scalding hot. So I installed a Taco  5003-C2. When first using the hot water it wasn't hot enough. So I adjusted it to the hottest setting and the water was still not hot enough for me. The water heater is making the water plenty hot ,  but the tempering valve is cooling it off too much. The valve seems pretty simple as for installation and set up.  Is there something I'm missing or anything  special I need to do to set this tempering valve up? 

Comments

• AHerra
    AHerra Member Posts: 15
    Valve

The first thing I would check is the rating on the valve. Is it even approved for domestic hot water. What is the flow rate. Is it thermostatic. I have been using a similar product made by watts that is a thermostatic valve. Meaning, as the water temp from the supply goes down it will not mix as much giving you a constant temp going to your domestic mixed water supply. If you valve is thermostatic and approved for domestic water and has a temp range of 100 to 160 my guess is there is debris caught in the valve and needs to be cleaned. I have not seen any defective valves right from the factory so the best bet is there is something caught in the valve.

AL
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!