Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Moving Warm Air Through a Wall

Options
Chris M_2
Chris M_2 Member Posts: 67
I have a pellet stove fireplace insert in my living room, and it heats the living room, kitchen, and dining room quite nicely during the cold season.  In the livingroom (383 sq feet), I have a cathedral ceiling (13 feet at the peak), where the hot air rises, and temperature is way above comfortable.  Now, I'm renovating a 15'x15' bedroom upstairs, and there's a high wall in the living room, which I'd like to cut an opening into, so that the hot "unused" air in the livingroom can flow straight through the hole into the upstairs bedroom. I'm going to gut the bedroom walls, so I'll have the opportunity to install a powered fan in the wall to assist the flow of air from one room to the other if necessary.  My questions are, 1. Will a motorized vent be necessary, or will the warm air automatically flow through the opening into the colder, higher room?   2. If a motorized vent is the way to go, (and I'm assuming it is), do any of you pros know what to use?  I want the fan to be as quiet as possible.

Thanks

Comments

• Jack
    Jack Member Posts: 1,047
    Options
    Aireshare by Tjernlund

They have a floor to floor as well as a thru wall unit. Tjernlund.com
This discussion has been closed.