Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Taco 2006 EBV Zone Valves

Options
Has anyone had problems with these valves failing, I have 8 of them installed on a radiant system with non-barrier Rehau tubing, all brass and copper components in system, but these valves freeze up each fall, and sometimes take out the motor heads.

Comments

• adambuild
    adambuild Member Posts: 414
    Options
    !

FWIW, I believe that Taco had its share of problems with the EBV series. About to hit the shelves any minute, if they haven't already, are the Zone Sentry zone valves that have been completely reengineered. They will replace the EBV series. Additional good news is that there are new Zone Sentry heads available that are backward compatible with the old EBV valves. I'd call Taco to be sure that will solve your issue. I've never dealt with a more responsible company. Good luck, Adam
  • mjcromp
    mjcromp Member Posts: 57
    Options
    OHH YEAH!

I've installed literally hundreds of the EBV series valves. And I have replaced about 50 +-

with the updated heads (not the sentry) and have fixed most problems. I switched to Taco from the old White-Rodgers that you unscrew the green cover and then the 4 screws to take off the head due to not wanting to have to bleed out an entire system to replace one. and after installing hundreds of them all i've had to do it fix a few end switches on the old WR's. Makes me rethink my decision! interesting to see the new Sentry's
    Too bad common sense isn't very common.
This discussion has been closed.