Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Recent job

Options
ScottMP
ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
We recently removed the exsting oil fired boiler for a customer and installed a Lochinvar Knight KBN150 and a Eternal Hybrid on demand hot water heater.

Nice install and a happy customer.

Scott

Comments

• Brad White
    Brad White Member Posts: 2,398
    Options
    Neat and Clean, Scott

I bet the owner will be happier using less fuel of any type and enjoy the greater comfort.

BTW, the TT Prestige's you installed at our office are purring away and the overall system comfort has increased with your work and some cooling tower work we just did. Much more responsive to internal needs and external weather, as it should be.
    "If you do not know the answer, say, "I do not know the answer", and you will be correct!"

-Ernie White, my Dad
  • Paul Rohrs_14
    Paul Rohrs_14 Member Posts: 80
    Options
    Nice work Scott

Excellent craftsmanship as always Scott!

That is a terrific looking install and retro-fit.  Please....please consider posting that on our Knightheatingboiler.com site for contractors.  We have an excellent and newly structured VIP Installer contest for stellar installs like this.  

I see some activity here on The Wall about our new Knight Firetube product as well.  (The HX was built to our specs and is not like every other competitor out there.)

Let me know if I can ever be of assistance...

Paul
  • ScottMP
    Options
    Hi Ya Paul

Always great to here from you ..... I'll try and get over to the VIP section ... do they serve fried pickles ?

Scott
  • Steve_210
    Steve_210 Member Posts: 646
    Options
    nice job

do you always use circulators rather than zone valves
  • ScottMP
    Options
    No not always

I'll post some others. I'm old enough to remember when zone valves failed .... alot.
  • Jean-David Beyer
    Jean-David Beyer Member Posts: 2,666
    Options
    The salesman who sold me my new boiler remembers that.

When I got my new boiler, I wanted the system to be more than one zone. He said to use circulators instead of zone valves because the valves failed more often. This was in 2009. I do not know the facts of the issue, but that is what he felt, so I have two circulators, where one delta-P circulator and two zone valves would do the job.

It seems to me that two circulators are better than zone valves if you do not have a delta-P circulator, or even a pressure bypass valve (forget their right name). Or in the remote situation where one circulator is not enough to run all the zones at once and no larger one is available. My unprofessional guess is that if done right, it probably does not make much difference. Over the long term, you might even save some electric power by using the zone valves, but this is not clear. I know that with my circulators, one of the zones hardly ever runs because that zone does not need much heat, and it is upstairs, so heat drifts up there from downstairs. Not enough, though; I do need heat up there.
This discussion has been closed.