Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

New residential Lochinvar installation going nicely....

JohnNY
JohnNY Member Posts: 3,284
See pic here, if you'd like:

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/gatewayplumbing/5161293468/">http://www.flickr.com/photos/gatewayplumbing/5161293468/</a>
Contact John "JohnNY" Cataneo, NYC Master Plumber, Lic 1784
Consulting & Troubleshooting
Heating in NYC or NJ.
Classes

Comments

• Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,852
    Good Knight Gertrude....

Those pumps on the left don't look big enough :-)

Nice install you got going there. Kinda makes my little WBN 50 look puny.

ME

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Paul Rohrs_14
    Paul Rohrs_14 Member Posts: 80
    Terrific looking job

Very nice work John.  Is that a 2-1/2" Hydroseparator?  Pipework and craftsmanship are 1st rate.

There is a lot going on in that corner with the boilers and the Taco RMB's on the side.

Make sure you submit this in our VIP contractors site.  The new program is re-vamped and there are some great rewards for stellar work like this.

Let me know if I can ever help you with anything.

Paul
  • tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,800
    Re: install and such

John, very nice looking work. Are those pumps controlled by VFD control or what? Is this a district heating system with the pump and boilers located a mile away? :) Jeez those are huge pumps for any size residence.  Ps, have you gone away from Triangle?? By the way, just joshin on the pumps but they do look laaarge.   Tim
  • JohnNY
    JohnNY Member Posts: 3,284
    edited November 2010
    Pump flack, AGAIN!

Some background: this is a 4-story, (something like) 14,000 sq ft residence in NYC's West Village. I understand it cost $40,000,000 to buy, demo and rebuild.

2 people will live there and neither of them is me.

The engineer spec'd the Knight XL boilers and wouldn't budge on the Triangle Tube suggestion because he wants 20psi on the top floor "to compress entrained air". Boilers are in the cellar.

Whatevs. Just pay me.

The pumps will move water through the 2.5" hydrosep to a mix of cast iron radiators, Runtal panels, Bisque corkscrews and Slant/Fin commercial fin tubes in enclosures.

All of these will be controlled by 25 thermostats and zone valves.

There is a also a fair amount of radiant floor heating through 3 Taco RMBs with Warmboard subfloor.

A Tekmar 423 will tie this all together with a wiring design by Alex Marx of Stonehouse Systems who I may or may not pay depending on how much he aggravates me during the process.

A Triangle Tube 120-gallon indirect makes hot water.

It's a nice project and I'm happy to have it.

Thanks for the nice comments, friends.
    Contact John "JohnNY" Cataneo, NYC Master Plumber, Lic 1784
    Consulting & Troubleshooting
    Heating in NYC or NJ.
    Classes
  • tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,800
    RE: Big townhome project

John, again I say really nice install. I always wonder why they are specing out such huge pumps. As you say, real good job to have. Good luck, Tim
This discussion has been closed.