Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

need a thermocuple

Options
remops
remops Member Posts: 4
I have an old coal converted boiler with a CECO burner assembly. The pilot switch is a Basco L62AA-5 I need a replacement thermocouple that will work with this burner. The standard K15 and K16 husky's have a tip length about 2 1/2" long this one is 3 1/2" long and press fits through a hole in the pilot box.

Any leads to parts would be appreciated.

Comments

• remops
    Options
    Thermopcouple maybe a dead end how about a new pilot assembly

OK the thermopcouple maybe a dead end how about a new pilot assembly. Any of you Pro's have had any experience in retrofitting a new pilot assembly on one of these coal converted boilers? Please don't recommend scraping the whole boiler for a new high efficiency boiler. My heating bills run about $ 300.00 a month in Memphis, TN for 4 months in a old 4 square 1920 home. Pay back would be 20 years or more. Boiler is great house was sized correctly no hot or cold spots,

I have also thought of changing out the gas valve along with the pilot assembly. Problem is this is the south not a lot of boiler pro around most are HVAC companies. The ones I have talk to just say replace the boiler most are in their 20's- 30's don't want to touch it.

I just need some advise thanks
  • remops
    Options
    add photo

add a photo
This discussion has been closed.