Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Cleaning out LWCO 67

Options
acl10
acl10 Member Posts: 349
Can someone please post step by stem instructions on how to tape apart a LWCO 67 and clean it. It seems to be working but for some reason it activates the water feeder and feeds the boiler until the boiler is full. The company says I should replace it but it seems to be working

any comments thank you

Comments

• nicholas bonham-carter
    nicholas bonham-carter Member Posts: 8,576
    Options
    lwco cleaning

can you close the valve feeding the feeder, and see if the lwco is stopping the burner?

your feeder may have a bad solenoid valve, if you see no burner shutdown during operation.--nbc
  • jpf321
    jpf321 Member Posts: 1,568
    Options
    agreed...

please define "activates" .. on Low-Water condition, it should firstly STOP burner and secondly feed water. Some (maybe most?) water feeders have a time delay built in so that they don't feed immediately on command of the LWCO. 

Perhaps it only requires a new switch within the 67. statesupply.com has a replacement switch for about half the cost of a new LWCO. http://www.statesupply.com/displayItem.do?sku=MI1010

I don't think cleaning it will help, if the switch is opening/closing properly based on the position of the internal float, it seems clean enough for operation. If the Feed is on and the burner is not off, you have a problem with either the feed or the LWCO switch (above).

Let us know.
    1-pipe Homeowner - Queens, NYC

NEW: SlantFin Intrepid TR-30 + Tankless + Riello 40-F5 @ 0.85gph | OLD: Fitzgibbons 402 boiler + Beckett "SR" Oil Gun @ 1.75gph

installed: 0-20oz/si gauge | vaporstat | hour-meter | gortons on all rads | 1pc G#2 + 1pc G#1 on each of 2 mains

Connected EDR load: 371 sf venting load: 2.95cfm vent capacity: 4.62cfm
    my NEW system pics | my OLD system pics
  • acl10
    acl10 Member Posts: 349
    Options
    It shuts the boiler when drained

It shuts the boiler when I open the valve and take out water. Can I change the Unimatch feeder control to 2 with a 67 ?
This discussion has been closed.