Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

hot water heating system valve

Options
lucas900
lucas900 Member Posts: 1
I have a hot water heating system with 3/4 inch pipes running thru the house. These are cooper pipes with 2inch aluminum fins. I will change 3 rads(3 footers) in the dining room above the garage for 1 Myson rad <span><span>

model SX 70 80G  31" x31" 5,069btu.

My question is 1-can i put one rad to do the whole room or is two smaller better.

2-in the garage is a 2 inch pipe all around that went to 3/4inch pipe to feed the rads. Now the myson is a 1/2inch system. how do i connect it without out slowing my water flow. the guy selling it to me says do nothing.

anybody got an idea

thank you

lucas</span></span>

Comments

• Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,785
    Options
    Radiators

One or two ... Depends on the room .. A long open room... I would spread them along cold walls under the windows ... A large corner room , two cold walls under the windows.. A normal 12 x12 one on the cold wall under the window ... First do a heat loss of the room to find the min needed Btu's ... .. I prefer the two panel types over the single for it's easy and nicer install, plus more Btu out put... I like to find a size that looks good under the window With in the window molding edge , above and below the floor and window molding , to me has that nice belong there look to it ... Over sizing radiator to the room would be good ..you can add the TRV thermostat to tone it down for a ..normal comfort .. With the thermostat you need two diverter valves , one at the radiator and one on the 3/4 supply pipe ...with out the thermostat you just need one set on the supply ... Type of diverter depends on the location of the supply pipe to the radiator, length and direction of radiator risers ... to choose either reducing tees or one to two vanturi tees.. The radiator diverter you can buy through the manufacture distributer ..
    I have enough experience to know , that I dont know it all
This discussion has been closed.