Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

baseboard/gravity system

adco278
adco278 Member Posts: 1
i had a stand up cast iron radiator in hallway of my house. i decided to remove radiator and use supply and return connections for some cast iron baseboard. i lengthen the connection an additional 15' from where they were and reduced them from 3/4" to 1/2". the length of the base board is 12'. the system i have is a converted gravity hot water, circulator add to system.i bled all radiators in house and baseboard, but my length of baseboard is not heating.what did i do wrong ?

Comments

• Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,761
    Pressure drop

Your changes added restriction , enough restriction to over come the systems pressure drop.Pressure drops between the radiator risers creates flow of the system water... Before the flow traveled less distance with larger piping You also may have a air trap in the new pipe , any loop up pipe work is a air trap. Either a bleeder or a way to force the air out of the trap would be the correction. ... Added note on pressure drops..A reverse return would be the way to go to help balance the system, which should have been done when the circulator was added..
    I have enough experience to know , that I dont know it all
This discussion has been closed.