Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Munchkin Boiler T80M Issue With Firing Up

Options
Verno
Verno Member Posts: 1
Hello Everyone,

I have a question on my Munchkin Boiler model T80M.  I have two seperate thermostats that run to this unit.  One is upstairs and one is down stairs.  When I turn the downstairs thermostat up the boiler has no problems firing up.  I am having problems with the upstairs thermostat.  This thermostat is set at 69 degrees and shows the flame on the unit when the temperature is below 69 degrees.  However the boiler downstairs does not fire up to heat the water to circulate.  It must be circulating water through out the system because when I run the shower in the morning the boiler will kick on and thus I can then feel the heaters begin to get warm.  I am lost as to what to begin even trouble shooting.  Another example would be when I go to bed at night the boiler would not be running but when I wake up the thermostat will be 60 degrees and the flame will be showing like its running.  I check the panel downstairs and it shows the water temp around 69 degrees but the unit is not running.  I will however run if I run the shower.

Any troubleshooting tips would be great.  If you need any further clarification please let me know I am not very familiar with these units.  Thanks in advance.

Scott

Comments

• Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Options
    Doesn't sound right....

Got pictures? Or a piping schematic? Or both:-)

There are numerous pumps that have to come on at certain times, otherwise, you don't get heat when you want/need it.

Where's the original installer?

How comfortable are you working with electricity and water and gas?

When was the last time your boiler received a full and complete tear down/clean up and service ?

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
This discussion has been closed.