Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Prestige Solo 110 with reverse indirect

Gordan
Gordan Member Posts: 891
Shooting for simplicity and efficiency. The below diagram is my best shot so far at providing adequate isolation, purging and draining ability for the boiler, the tank and the system with a minimum of fittings. How'd I do?

Comments

• Gordan
    edited October 2010
    One concern I have with the PS110...

...is the built-in circulator with a check valve in a downward-facing orientation. Theoretically, regardless of the other piping details, this would be a candidate spot for air pockets to form. Is this not a concern in practice? I'd imagine not, considering the number of PS110s installed...

I need some kind of air vent between the tank and the boiler, but I'm wondering what would be a good enough way and place to install it, given that I don't want to repipe the boiler internals.
  • bob eck
    bob eck Member Posts: 930
    PS110

The PS110 Prestige Solo comes with a Grundfos UPS1558 but it does not have the check valve in it.
  • Gordan
    And even if it did...

...it would be an easy task to remove it. Thanks! Does the rest of the piping diagram seem sane? For a single-zone load, the manual shows the air eliminator/tank/fill on the return, but that seems like it would not give the air eliminator the best shot at doing its job.
  • Gordan
    edited October 2010
    Duplicate

Duplicate.
  • R Mannino
    R Mannino Member Posts: 440
    Why Not

use the system circulator for the system?

It works the way they designed it.
  • Gordan
    Using an Alpha for the system.

I'll be wiring the internal pump to the DHW terminals. I'm not piping the boiler primary/secondary, but pumping system flow right through the boiler.

Based on the illustrations in the manual, the two supply outlets would seem to be equivalent in every way. Is that another wrong assumption on my part?
  • R Mannino
    R Mannino Member Posts: 440
    Good Question

I don't know.
  • JIMBO_2
    JIMBO_2 Member Posts: 127
    I cannot help but ask

Where is the condensate drain dumping?
  • Gordan
    Sorry, didn't include that on the diagram...

Busy enough the way it is. :-) Neutralizer, then drain.
  • Gordan
    A different way...

This would be more in line with what their manual suggests. I've relocated the air eliminator, feed and expansion tank to the return side, and removed some check valves which I thought were not necessary. There's a heat trap on the supply side of the reverse indirect. Both the system and the reverse indirect would be plumbed in 3/4" PEX-AL-PEX (aiming for low flow rates and wide delta-T on the DHW side; the space heating side should top out at 4 GPM.)
This discussion has been closed.