Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Using Single Aquastat to control Relay to turn Oil Boiler Burner on and off

Options
shawnmd
shawnmd Member Posts: 1
I just installed a wood boiler into an existing hot water oil boiler system. I want to use the single aquastat (Honeywell L6006A) in the wood boiler to turn off/on the oil boiler burner using a relay. This way when the wood boiler is in use, the oil boiler is disabled.

The single aquastat would connect to the relay as well as the power to the oil burner. When the single aquastat is up to temp, it would trigger the relay disconnecting power to the oil burner.

The wood boiler manufacturer recommended the Honeywell RA89A relay but from what I can tell, this relay is <strong><em>controlled</em></strong> by a 24V source  (TT) such as a thermostat. Can it also be controlled by a 120V line voltage source such as the single aquastat (L6006A)? The wiring diagram for the wood boiler is attached as well as the wiring diagram for the relay.  Do I have to put a jumper on the TT 24V connections

Comments

• billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    Options
    What kind of system?

Is there a coil in this wood boiler, or is it an actual boiler that feeds heated water into your existing boiler? Either way you need a dump zone for the unused heated water when the oil boiler is up to temp
This discussion has been closed.