Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

combustion analyzer

Options
James Day_2
James Day_2 Member Posts: 191
Hey guys,

I am currently looking for a new combustion anaylyzer. I have narrowed it down to between the bacharach fyrite insight and the testo 327. Any recommendations or comments appreciated. Does the testo have self calibration like the new bacharach insight.   Thanks for the help,    Jim

Comments

• CapeCodOilGuy
    CapeCodOilGuy Member Posts: 43
    Options
    love Testo

I recently started in the business (long-time refrigeration guy, worked on oil many years ago), and bought the Testo 327-1 along with the 308 smoke tester. Love this equipment. I haven't had it long enough, I guess, to experience battery troubles. Usually, Lithium-Ion batteries are pretty reliable and long-lasting. As to calibration, the instructions indicate that the unit is user-calibrated; however, this is only mentioned in connection with replacing the sensors, which is also a user-performed function. The sensors have a 3-year warranty, so they must be pretty confident of their product. I find it easy to use (once I got some practice!) and the customers are impressed by having a print-out of the results! My only complaint is that the instructions are not the easiest to follow, and I experienced confusion between the functions of my instrument and the more advanced 327-2. I learned the hard way, for example, that I can't input the smoke readings from the 308 directly into the 327 to print out with the test results; instead, I print the results from the 308, and then proceed with the rest of the testing and print that out afterwards. Note that I also purchased a Bachrach traditional-type oil kit as a back-up (on e-Bay).
This discussion has been closed.