Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Burnham IN4 Gas-Fired Boiler and Excessing Scaling

Options
Had a scary episode with an 8-year old Burnham IN4 Gas-Fired Boiler rolling flames out the front, setting of a smoke alarm and, when disassembled, revealing massive scaling and oxidation of metal and white crusty stuff I can't even describe. The heating guy said it looks like the block was just shedding metal.

It's working now but I don't need to be freezing to death in the winter while a contractor giggles diabolically and says a new boiler will run me $25,000 installed and helps me imagine the terror and grim agony of me and spouse freezing to death.

I read some review boards and everyone was crapping violently all over Burnham's stuff - most V6s and V7s. I did notice the old boiler, replaced 8 years ago, had a 20 year warranty. This one has a ten-year warranty.

If this one does collapse on me, I dunno if I'd want to go with Burnham again. When I had questions about the old boiler, when I was putting in the new system, they were generally dismissive and cavalier, though they resisted telling me to leap from a bridge.
This discussion has been closed.