Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Navien in trouble with the DOE

Failed to certify that models meet energy conservation standards

Comments

• CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    Pretty Interesting

WOW. Great sales tool to hand out when competing up against them in the field. Already sent it out to my entire salesforce. I'm sure the gentlemen in another post that is having problems with the heat ecchangers is really ticked.

Here is the link to the section of the US Code they violated.

http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_06/10cfr430_06.html

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• TonyS
    TonyS Member Posts: 849
    WOW Thats pretty sad

Since you cant beat them on PRICE, QUALITY , EFFICIENCY or Warranty try to beat them down on a goverment paperwork screwup.

Navien has done more to raise the bar in tankless design than all others combined.
  • PeterGriffin
    PeterGriffin Member Posts: 79
    Pretty minimal

I've had bigger fines on a Saturday night!!
  • CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    Sorry but Sad

Is beliving the ratrings. You do know that mfgs test for the ratings in house. There is no independr agency that tests and says a particluar appliance has a specific AFUE of in this case EF rating. Notice you lead on PRICE,,,You get what you pay for!

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• HDE_2
    HDE_2 Member Posts: 140
    edited October 2010
    Silly rumors

You are wrong Chris

You see they are tested and hold certification from the largest most respected  independent testing agency thus carry the CSA, CSSA stamp, that has certified combustion, thermal efficiency, along with Energy factor.

You remember when Energy Star got caught listing items such as a gasoline powered alarm clock?

That embarrassment, caused DOE to do some auditing, who partnered along with EPA with Energy Star. Can you blame Navien America, Inc., if the DOE sent the request for duplicate paperwork to Korea Navien?

FYI, Navien wasn't alone, there were about 15 companies involved at same time, most with similar reason. Most I hear with proof have had fines dropped or excused but who cares, once again a government agency has inflicted the damage.

Thus you Chris being a fairly new inside sales guy for a distributor or a rep agency, handing out this info without full info only serves as tool for your future embarrasment for lack of being fully informed.
This discussion has been closed.