Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

pex for baseboard hyronics ?

Options
lightweight
lightweight Member Posts: 2
Is pex, O2 barrier, ok to use with baseboard hydronics? I know its common for radiant but what about the higher temp baseboard. What is the highest temp it can take? Everyone I know has 3/4"copper and some don't trust the new stuff. I like its ability to bend and reduced fittings but the fittings are much more money. The propex style looks really nice just don't know anybody who has used it. Availability locally is another question too.

Comments

• Al Letellier_21
    Al Letellier_21 Member Posts: 402
    Options
    pex for baseboard

Why not? It is done all the time here in the Northeast. The max temp is stamped right on the tubing. Properly sized and pumped like any other system you can use it safely with excellent results. In systems we have installed with lots of PEX, like 17,000 feet in one house, we installed an overheat protector in case of a fault with the boiler high limit. Simply used an aquastat set at the max temp of the tubing that shuts down the circulators in a boiler overheat situation.

Using PEX safes a ton of labor costs on a job. We only use it in concealed areas and all risers at the boiler are copper to the ceiling. It makes for a much nicer looking install.
  • CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    Options
    Thousands Upon Thousands

Feet of Pex tubing on baseboard jobs. No problems no worries...

There was an error rendering this rich post.

This discussion has been closed.