Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Congrats to the RPA on their name change...

Mark Eatherton
Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,852
The initials remain the same, but the organization is now called;Radiant Professionals Alliance

New logos etc to follow soon.

Change is great, ain't it :-)

If you don't belong, you should join. Best group of qualified professionals you will find under one roof.

<a href="http://www.radiantpanelassociation.org/">www.radiantpanelassociation.org</a>

ME

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Comments

• Yeeehaaaahhhh!

Long time coming pal, but when it came down to the wire, it took less time than we thought it would to settle in on the new name. This reflects our new drive and focus on not just radiant, but all things that connect to and/or incorporate any form of wet heat: from solar to inverter mini-splits to geo to panel rads to cast iron rads to PV to baseboards to steam to you-name-it. All under one umbrella with a wide and radiantly snow-melted welcome mat(G).

Tis a new day at the RPA mon.  
  • Mark Eatherton
    Fresh blood...

Was a time, in the not too distant past, that I and all our wetheaded bretheren and sisteren viewed anyone that dealt with forced air (Forced error?) systems as the ENEMY.

Then, during a conversation over an adult beverage with the famous Bean, I realized that if I and my company are to really be in the one stop comfort business, that we were going to HAVE to move air. No way around it. Now, if you are like me, when you LOOK at sheet metal, your hands start bleeding automatically... I hired the tin work out to properly trained, properly tooled properly schooled, properly gloved sub contractors, and made a markup on their services.

I could then offer complete one stop shopping as it pertained to the jobs we were bidding.

With that said, the RPA has decided to join alliances this year with the first The Radiant Professionals Alliance's Annual Conference and Trade Show

which will be co-located with the ACCA / IAQA Indoor Air Expo,

February 15-17, 2011 in San Antonio, Texas.

Mark your calenders, and come and learn how to deliver total comfort AND a healthy environment to your customers.

I'm really liking the direction this organization is taking. I noticed at the last show in Reno, that most of the original members of the RPA are still there, but none of us is getting any younger. Lots of grey beards in the group :-) Time to share our wisdom and swap it with others for what they know.

Thanks for your guidance Dave. I suspect it is people with vision like yours that are the root cause of change.

ME

• heatboy
    heatboy Member Posts: 1,468
    Grey(ish) Beard Here.......

.......and I still am not convinced.  WIIFM? 

• of what?

That ME is a closet scorched air dude? Even Tickles, the cat, knew that about ME. I think about Tickles whenever I watch Super Troopers.

Meow

You hit the nail ME.
  • CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    Joining

Mark,

There is no RPA in my market and the reason I formed my own trade organization. Still don't believe they help from a local community impact but do feel they do nationally. Convince me please.

• Mark Eatherton
    WIIFY...

Jeff, the day you know everything you think you need to know is a sad day :-)

As my father use to say, "If you don't learn something new everyday, you were either

A. Gone fishing, or...

B. Not paying attention.

And if you were, A. Gone fishing, and you didn't learn something new, you B, weren't paying attention.

The commeraderie of meeting with your peers has substantial benefits. Ever had a problem that you couldn't figure out? It is great having resources such as the Wall, but it is even better having the ability to belly up to the bar and chew that fat with people who have been there, done that and have scars to prove it.

They are expanding their on line education offerings, so you can learn from the comfort of home. Heck, I showed up for a class the other day, wearing nothing but my underwear and a cold beer :=) TMI. TMI.... I know....

The organization is changing direction. It has always always been a member driven organization. It's not a take, take take proposition. You get out of it what you want, and what you put in. The organization is diversifying its teachings to include all of the state of the art things considered green.

It is also combining with other organizations and making headway with getting radiant heating the recognition it really deserves.

And, it is the least expensive organization to belong to of all the organizations that are out there.

I know I'd appreciate your being a member and showing up to the annual shows, which are being directed away from Mothers Day :-) It would give me the opportunity to buy you a beer, and bend your ear!

Consider rejoining, won't you!

Thanks for listening.

ME

• Mark Eatherton
    Join and start your own chapter Chris...

The national organization will support the local chapters in whatever way they can.

Having the Hudson Valley group is a great idea, but you are reinventing the wheel here. Having attempted to do that myself numerous times, I can tell you that it is an extremely frustrating experience with no pay.

If you belong to the RPA, you have access to guest speakers in your area that will attract more members than just having one of your reps. show up to discuss what's new in their product line.

The RPA can't be everything to everyone and everywhere, but they are making significant headway in becoming a better organization.

How many organizations do you belong to (other than HVHE group) that you can place a call and speak directly with the Executive Director? I would recommend you call Ted Lowe, E.D. of the RPA and ask him what benefits would be for you to join. Ted is a great guy, and if anyone can convince you to join, it would be him.

Remember, you get out of it what you put in, many times over. I think your group would be an ideal spot for a new chapter of the RPA.

ME

• CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    Pay

I didn't form my group for money. My satisfaction is in helping the local guys in education and growing their business. I have to agree with you that it's a ton and I mean a ton or work. I've spent many nights to the wee hours of the morning working on behalf of them.

I don't belong to any other trade associations as there is nothing on our market besides a oil heat and service managers association but they spend more time worrying about how to sell oil and that is only a small and I mean small segment of the market here.

I think that I am going to contact the RPA and inquire how I could merge the current organization into a chapter and how it would benefit us. We are just a few months away from membership renewal and this may create better avenues for us in the big picture.

One of my concerns is lossing the revenue that we currently get from our associate manufacturer and rep members. It's something that I have to ponder but it is worth reasearching. There is a big need in our market for a National Association and the RPA fits us better than a PHCC Chapter.

This discussion has been closed.