Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

LWCO Condition Good To Go This Season?

Options
All,

I had my boiler serviced in the beginning of last spring, shortly before shutting down my boiler. The technician serviced the burner (changed nozzle, cleaned electrodes, changed filter and strainer, opened the fire chamber and thoroughly cleaned/vacuumed it and the passways out. However, he did not remove and clean the probe LWCO, nor did he remove the flu from the chimney base and vacuum the bottom of the chimney. He said the chimney looked clean after looking into it through the vent flap with a flashlight. I plan to make sure that the next time the boiler is due for it's yearly service, that the tech doesn't leave before cleaning the base stack and LWCO first. For now, though, is it safe to say that the LWCO is good for the upcoming season if I drain the water down and the LWCO kicks on? I need to weigh out if it's worth the trouble of calling the company I contracted with at this time to tell them to get a tech back here and "do it right this time". I should also note that I check the boiler just about every single night during the heating season, so I'm always aware of the water level activity, and general operation of the system itself. (Burnham Megasteam 396, Beckett burner).  

Comments

• njplumber13
    njplumber13 Member Posts: 3
    Options
    test it

best thing to do is drain the water out of your boiler . see if it shuts off. it should . if not you want to have it cleaned. if it does wait till next year . i find that the probes are much more reliable than the float style LWCOs . in my opinion they can last a few years without being cleaned.
  • Chris M_2
    Chris M_2 Member Posts: 67
    Options
    LWCO Condition Good To Go This Season?

Thanks njplumber13, for the confirmation.  I appreciate the help. 
This discussion has been closed.