Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Viessmann Heat Exchanger

Options
Rankin
Rankin Member Posts: 26
Having an argument with a guy over the Viessmann heat exchanger. I'm claiming they're Viessmann made, he says Giannoni makes them. We both agree they are a different exchanger, but he is insistent on them being manufactured by Giannoni.

Anyone know for sure?

Thank you

Comments

• CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    Options
    They Make It

Viessmann makes it themselves....Is in no way a Giannoni....

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Options
    Hold

Hold one of each in your hand and you'll never ask that question
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • heatboy
    heatboy Member Posts: 1,468
    Options
    Have seen them made.......

..... in Viessmann's Allendorf plant and they certainly are not made by others. Insulting, to say the least! 

• Steve Ebels_3
    Steve Ebels_3 Member Posts: 1,291
    Options
    I am cracking up.......

That's hilarious. A Viessmann (presumably vitodens?) bears as much resemblance to a Giannoni as I do to Lady Gaga. In other words, none.

You win.
  • Brad White
    Brad White Member Posts: 2,398
    Options
    Steve,

Wait a few weeks. Lady Gaga will get around to looking like you. She looked like me last week except for the hair color. :P
    "If you do not know the answer, say, "I do not know the answer", and you will be correct!"

-Ernie White, my Dad
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Options
    Now wait just a doggone minute....

There IS a similarity...

They are both ROUND, and both made of stainless steel.

That's about ALL that they have in common, and the only real truth to THAT statement is the round part. :-)

Have your friend heft the two comparable heat exchangers and see if he changes his mind....

ME

• heatboy
    heatboy Member Posts: 1,468
    Options
    Sorta' like sayin'.....

... filet mignon and chuck roast are both beef ;-)

• Steve Ebels_3
    Steve Ebels_3 Member Posts: 1,291
    Options
    Ummmmmm

That right there is a scary thought Brad. Maybe my choice of analogy should be changed.........
  • Gordan
    Gordan Member Posts: 891
    Options
    Well...

Not to quibble, but chuck is superior to tenderloin for many uses. :-) I don't know whether the same can be said vis-a-vis the two heat exchangers.
  • TMorg
    TMorg Member Posts: 23
    Options
    Viessmann paid giononni for the technology

Viessman makes theirs- I've seen it being made. My understanding is that Viessmann paid Giononni for the technology. Granted it is different but obviously the same principal. I agree that Viessmann's is more refined but the design came from Giononni. Sorry I know that is like nails on the chaulkboard to those that bleed orange. A diamond is just a rock until a master cuts it into a gem. Peace.
  • SpeyFitter
    SpeyFitter Member Posts: 422
    Options
    Heard something simliar

It's funny - I heard that same thing (or similar anyways) - about Viessmann buying the design of their exchanger off of Munchkin, or along those lines. Ironically it came from a guy who has been in the hydronics industry for 30 years installing and servicing boilers and who is someone who loves Viessmann to boot. Who knows if it's true. Their premise in the coil and the orientation of it versus the burner and access cover is the same. But there are some important differences in the current design that make the Viessmann exchanger significantly better in my opinion from both a quality and actual function point of view.  I just wish Viessmann could put out a smaller boiler and/or boilers with 5 to 1 turn down ratios.

This discussion has been closed.