Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Triangle Tube Boiler w/Cast iron radiators

Options
bob eck
bob eck Member Posts: 930
I will be installing a Triangle Tube PE110 N/G boiler. House has 7 cast iron radiators coming off large 2" mains. Will be adding three more radiators and looking at taking out old steel pipe and installing a supply and return manifold and running 1/2 Viega fostapex pex aluminum pipe direct to each radiator. will install ball valves on each run so I can balance each radiator. will be doing primary secondary piping. the new system will not have as much water in it when taking out the black 2" steel pipe. The system will condense but will less water in the system hurt the efficiency or will that be made up by getting the house up to temp faster. 

Comments

• Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Options
    The

The low temp heat emitters and  ODR will allow it to condense,not the water volume. 
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Options
    The

The low temp heat emitters and  ODR will allow it to condense,not the water volume. 
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • Less water.....

may come into the picture during warmer weather, as the boiler will run shorter cycles when the burner is on minimum fire.  However, the water volume of the radiators is probably enough for the boiler to work against and not cause anything close to a short cycle.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Less water.....

may come into the picture during warmer weather, as the boiler will run shorter cycles when the burner is on minimum fire.  However, the water volume of the radiators is probably enough for the boiler to work against and not cause anything close to a short cycle.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• LarryC
    LarryC Member Posts: 331
    Options
    Throttling with ball valves?

Folks,

I am not a heating professional, but I was under the impression that one does not use a ball or gate valve for throttling. 

Am I full of it?

Larry C
  • Jason Quinn
    Jason Quinn Member Posts: 96
    Options
    Are you sure primary/secondary is necessary?

One of the great characteristics of the TT is the low pressure drop through the heat exchanger. You may be able to "pump direct" to the load.... especially with cast iron rads.
  • Steve Whitbeck
    Steve Whitbeck Member Posts: 669
    Options
    throttling

You can use a ball valve but not a gate valve.
This discussion has been closed.