Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

OT: Best type of dryer exhaust ducts

Options
D107
D107 Member Posts: 1,852
Seems that although galvanized (18? gauge) is supposed to be the gold standard, in terms of cleaning out some sort of flexible appears to afford easier access. I'm thinking to come out of drier with galvanized 90EL, do a 4ft flex vertical and then another galvanized EL and then two ft galvanized straight run to the vent. Also I'm wondering if one goes all galvanized how easy it is to get that section connecting silver tape off for cleanout.

Come to think of it on annual boiler tuneup the techs don't seem to have much trouble pullling out the galvanized breeching piping, maybe same idea for the dryer.......?

Comments

• Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,795
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Venting

Smooth with the least amount of ells ... I prefer the tape over screws for the fact screws catch lint .. Not sure of the code for it, but it may require three screws per vent connection ... Seems fabric softener is real sticky.. I replace dryer venting rather then clean, but thats just me ..

A good rule of thumb is a normal load clothes should dry between 20-30 minutes .. Heat the clothes up and vent it... Restricted venting takes longer to do it's job .

There was an error rendering this rich post.

This discussion has been closed.