Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Pecha Kucha

DanHolohan
DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,585
Oil Heat Cares will be doing a Pecha Kucha as a fund raiser in King of Prussia, PA next January and I'm looking for 10 people who would be willing to brag about a job. This is open to contractors, wholesalers, engineers, manufacturers and anyone else who is really smart.

Pecha Kucha means "chit chat" in Japanese (where it started). It involves a group of presenters and an audience. Each presenter is allowed to have up to 20 PowerPoint slides, but each slide will appear for just 20 seconds. If you're a presenter, you have a total of six minutes and 40 seconds to tell your story and make your case. Think you can do that?

If you don't have 20 slides, show as many as you have, but you still get just six minutes and 40 seconds. This fast-moving program is lots of fun and we'll have time afterward to sit in groups to further discuss these 10 jobs, or any other topic that comes up (think Wetstock).

We're doing this as a fund raiser for Oil Heat Cars and we have a food sponsor. We'll be charging for tickets (presenters as well), but all of that money will go to OHC.

If you'd like to be one of the 10 people who can actually tell the whole story in just six minutes and 40 seconds, please e-mail <a href="mailto:dan@heatinghelp.com">dan@heatinghelp.com</a>.

I promise you a fine time will be had by all.
Retired and loving it.

Comments

• DanHolohan
    So,

who wants to play?
    Retired and loving it.
  • DanHolohan
    No interest?

Good to know!
    Retired and loving it.
  • Alan R. Mercurio_3
    Alan R. Mercurio_3 Member Posts: 1,624
    Re: Pecha Kucha

This was introduced to me last year by Don Pratt at the Reed Institute. I was very impressed and it looks like a lot of fun to put together. I hope folks get involved.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Al Letellier_21
    Al Letellier_21 Member Posts: 402
    January

Sounds like a great time, Dan.....any dates yet??
  • DanHolohan
    Saturday, January 15

Probably at Mangiano's in King of Prussia, PA. Good food, drinks, jobs, and chit chat. 
    Retired and loving it.
  • DanHolohan
    Here's an example of how it works:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGaCLWaZLI4&feature=related

Imagine how good your presentation to a customer would be if you were able to do this.
    Retired and loving it.
This discussion has been closed.