Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Any idea's

Options
crash2009
crash2009 Member Posts: 1,484
on how to reduce the amount of heat coming out of this radiator?  Back in the day it likely heated the entire 3rd floor.  Now the 3rd floor is divided up into 3 rooms with 3 separate radiators.  The other 2 rooms heat OK.  The tenant claims that we would have to reduce the heat by about 80%.  We have a one-pipe system.  I was thinking this could be done with a real-slow vent.  Any suggestions? 

Comments

• gerry gill
    gerry gill Member Posts: 3,078
    Options
    yes,

a thermostatic radiator vent.. we like Danfoss but there are other brands also..honeywell makes one i think.
    gwgillplumbingandheating.com
    Serving Cleveland's eastern suburbs from Cleveland Heights down to Cuyahoga Falls.

• crash2009
    Options
    Danfoss

it is then.  I assume that this new vent would likely never feel the steam.  Depending on the setting, could it be adjusted to close when this radiator is only 25% full of steam?

Can you recomend a Danfoss model #, ?
  • Long Beach Ed
    Long Beach Ed Member Posts: 1,210
    Options
    Closes on Temperature

It's an air vent with a mechanical thermostat.  When the room temperature reaches the setpoint, the vent closes.  So if the radiator, which is 80% oversized it would only see maybe 20% fullness on the coldest day.  That would be controlled by the air temperature around it.  
  • crash2009
    Options
    Thanks Gerry and Ed

I ordered a Danfoss RA 2000 1PS, Thermostatic rad valve w/vac breaker (1 pipe steam).  I did read something in the manual that I am not sure if I have or not.  It said this valve is not for constant pressure, I didn't understand that. 
This discussion has been closed.