Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Spud Wrench

Options
Techman
Techman Member Posts: 2,144
I was snooping in Lowe's steam heat parts section  and I spied a Spud Wrench, it looked cool.I didn't purchase it .I wouldn't know what to do with it! So.what does a knowledgable steam heat guy do w/ a Spuderer?

Comments

• JStar
    JStar Member Posts: 2,752
    Options
    Love my Spud Wrench.

It's to remove and replace the union spud on radiators. They don't always work on removing, but they are very handy for replacing. 
  • Al Letellier_21
    Al Letellier_21 Member Posts: 402
    Options
    spud wrench

Ditto on great for putting in the new spud and tough on removal. I have twisted out of shape and broken more "spudders" than I care to remember.  A sawzall and caping chisel work just as well to remove the old spud. Then I use NevrSeize as pipe dope on the new one with a little teflon, and some plumber years from now will smile when he has to replace it........" and he won't know my name and that will be good enough for me" !!! (great words from Dan)
  • Al Letellier_21
    Al Letellier_21 Member Posts: 402
    Options
    spud wrench

Ditto on great for putting in the new spud and tough on removal. I have twisted out of shape and broken more "spudders" than I care to remember.  A sawzall and caping chisel work just as well to remove the old spud. Then I use NevrSeize as pipe dope on the new one with a little teflon, and some plumber years from now will smile when he has to replace it........" and he won't know my name and that will be good enough for me" !!! (great words from Dan)
This discussion has been closed.