Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Looking for oil vent connector tables

Marc K.
Marc K. Member Posts: 15
I'm looking to tie two Buderus G115 WS5 boilers (154,000 btu/hr input ea) into a chimney.  Each boiler has a 5" flue.  I'm looking for a chart or table that will tell me what the common vent connector should be for the two boilers before entering the chimney.  I'm thinking 8" is OK, but I can't seem to find written documentation for correct sizing.  Yes, I know the overall chimney height and lateral rise.

Thanks for any tips.

Marc K.

Comments

• Jack
    Jack Member Posts: 1,048
    Appendix E

while not a part of the code, as it is an appendix has worked out pretty well. You know the rise and run but don't share it so difficult to offer a suggestion. 8" however is way oversized.

When Rich Krajewski and John Strasser were working up the values in App E I had a chat with Rich. He said that regardless of interior/exterior/lined/unlined chimney the thing that had the biggest impact on chimney performnace was vent connector type. He specifically offered that an insulated vent connector had tremendous advantage in assisting with operation of the whole system.

I think I'd go with a 6" DSL from Dura-vent or DS from Selkirk for the vent connector.
This discussion has been closed.