Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

What we've been up to..........

Steve Ebels_3
Steve Ebels_3 Member Posts: 1,291
4 Vitodens 105's going in a school that sorely needs them and richly deserves them.  Viessmann's rack system is sweet. Makes all the near boiler piping a snap. Andy, Matt and I had the rack assembled, anchored and the boilers hung in one day. All the pipe, valves and fittings to connect the boilers to the rack come with it. The telescoping unions make final fit up a piece of cake............Speaking of cake......that's my youngest grandson Urijah face down in his first birthday cake.

Gave the 120gl Vitocell the acid test this weekend. The school hosted about 300 bicyclists who stopped there for the night on their way to the Mackinaw bridge. They ride through every year for Jerry's kids.  The previous water heating system consisted of 2- 100 gl/199,000 btu water heaters that ran out every year.  I sat there and watched the system respond when they arrived and hit the showers in the locker rooms. The Vitocel was at 135 and the first boiler fired up at 128*. When the firing rate went up the control called on a boiler 2 and both went to minimum input. After the temp dropped another 6 degrees boiler number 3 came on at minimum, at which point the tank temp settled between 118-120 and stayed there. I don't know how many showers were running but the building manager told me there are a dozen heads in each locker room and there was a line out in the hall.  first time ever that they didn't run out for that crowd.
This discussion has been closed.