Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

our latest steamer replacement.

Options
gerry gill
gerry gill Member Posts: 3,078
This one was interesting in that we pulled out a long skinney Bryant boiler and the floor was not only chewed up but had the most wicked slant i've ever had to deal with. We poured a new pad, then installed a Burnham IN8. 
gwgillplumbingandheating.com
Serving Cleveland's eastern suburbs from Cleveland Heights down to Cuyahoga Falls.

Comments

• Charlie from wmass
    Charlie from wmass Member Posts: 4,322
    Options
    Another beautiful job

Do you prefer flanges to unions on the large pipe? I like unions for the little bit of off square it allows for but I am always willing to listen to others for their input in case it is a better way of doing things I had not thought of. You will have one very happy customer this winter for sure with that boiler. 
    Cost is what you spend , value is what you get.

cell # 413-841-6726
    https://heatinghelp.com/find-a-contractor/detail/charles-garrity-plumbing-and-heating
  • gerry gill
    gerry gill Member Posts: 3,078
    Options
    Thanks Charlie,

Myself i prefer flanges, (which may be a left over from the navy) while steve prefers unions..so we kind of get whatever, depending upon who places the order, hehe.
    gwgillplumbingandheating.com
    Serving Cleveland's eastern suburbs from Cleveland Heights down to Cuyahoga Falls.

• That should work quite nicely

When I fired mine up if was amazing how stable the water line was and no banging in the system, despite the boiler being filthy.  Those big headers really help a bunch.  Pouring a concrete pad is really classy, and I wish there was the time to do it every time, but some things have to take priority.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Dave in QCA
    Dave in QCA Member Posts: 1,786
    Options
    Science or Art?

This a truly beautiful installation!  No piping clutter, everything precisely how it is supposed to be!  When a craft is done so perfectly well, it becomes art.  Anyway, I know I enjoy looking at it!

I am not looking forward to the time when my 35 year old Pennco 1,050,000 BTU boiler will need to be replaced.  But, when the time arrives, I want my new installation to look like this one!

I am thinking that it will be a Burnham 5B or a V9.   Don't know how quiet the new power burners are... and I don't want a screaming burner fan. 
    Dave in Quad Cities, America
    Weil-McLain 680 with Riello 2-stage burner, December 2012. Firing rate=375MBH Low, 690MBH Hi.
    System = Early Dunham 2-pipe Vacuo-Vapor (inlet and outlet both at bottom of radiators) Traps are Dunham #2 rebuilt w. Barnes-Jones Cage Units, Dunham-Bush 1E, Mepco 1E, and Armstrong TS-2. All valves haveTunstall orifices sized at 8 oz.
    Current connected load EDR= 1,259 sq ft, Original system EDR = 2,100 sq ft Vaporstat, 13 oz cutout, 4 oz cutin - Temp. control Tekmar 279.
    http://grandviewdavenport.com
This discussion has been closed.