Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.

If you've found help here, check back in to let us know how everything worked out.
It's a great way to thank those who helped you.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

Please help me figure out radiator EDR

Mark_125Mark_125 Member Posts: 56
Hello Steam Experts,

I'm trying to get a head start on my heating system early this year. Last winter I had my main vents upgraded, pipes insulated, thermostat replaced and boiler serviced. This bought my gas bill for the winter down by about 10% and resulted in a much more responsive system (radiators start to warm after 12 minutes vs 90 with no insulation). This year I'm planning to get the venting on all my Radiators figured out. I have most of the charts and books from resources available here but a couple of things elude me.

1) when measuring the height of the radiator to determine EDR do I measure from the bottom of the legs to the top of the tubes or just the height of the tubes themselves.

2) My kitchen and bathroom have a different kind of radiator that I can't find any reference for. I've attached a photo, can somebody please help me figure out how I calculate EDR for them.

(Please forgive the state of that radiator, this house needs a lot of updating and we're getting to it soon)

Many thanks,

Mark

Comments

This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!