Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Nicked PEX

Options
Lee_H
Lee_H Member Posts: 4
One of our contractors was doing a concrete repair and nicked the snow melt pex embedded in the sidewalk.  We will have to clear back enough concrete to get to the piping.  Once there what is the best way to repair this?

Comments

• Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Options
    I just did this yesterday...

I used the Wirsbo ProPex expander with brass barbed coupler.

Make sure you have enough room to move the tubing around as well as get the tool into the hole.

In lieu of the ProPex expander, you could use a Watts crimp ring assembly. But you will still face the same issues of tubing free play, as well as being able to get the tool into the hole.

I now know how my dentist feels.. I promised the custoemr I would keep the hole to less than 7" in diameter, so he can core drill a 8" plug for replacement (stained concrete).

Good luck

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
  • Lee_H
    Lee_H Member Posts: 4
    Options
    Brass protection

Mark, Did you do anything to protect the brass from concrete contact after patching? 
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Options
    Not much brass exposed...

but 2 wraps of mill tape should cover it.

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
This discussion has been closed.