Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Thermosta Recommendation

Kungur
Kungur Member Posts: 49
As I move along with my radiant heat retro project I was wondering about thermostats. Is there a specific kind to use for radiant heating? Any recomendations would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments

• White-Rogers

I used to use the White-Rogers 1F80-0361, but it's been replaced by the -0261.  If it's anything like the previous model, it is very reliable, easy to set up and homeowner friendly.
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
  • NRT_Rob
    NRT_Rob Member Posts: 1,013
    our go-to

is the Tekmar 509 (a 508 with a floor sensor). if you're going to do radiant I think floor sensors should be standard equipment.
    Rob Brown
    Designer for Rockport Mechanical
    in beautiful Rockport Maine.
  • zacmobile
    zacmobile Member Posts: 211
    tekmar

I second the tekmar 509 (same as a 508 but packaged w/floor sensor) easy to use, very flexible, built solid and look really clean.
  • Simply Rad
    Simply Rad Member Posts: 184
    Comfort dials

Oventrope non-electric controls work wonders, are extremely simple and provide the ultimate in comfort
    Jeffrey Campbell
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    I'm with you Jeffery....

Non electric TRV's in 2/3's of my houses, and when I get around to hydronicing the third, you can bet it will be non electric TRV's.

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
This discussion has been closed.