Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

spirovent or other

Options
ecletrical
ecletrical Member Posts: 22
Because of piping considerations I can only used a Spirovent at the circ outlet (hottest water but highest pressure); or before the circ and before the boiler (lowest pressure but lowest water temp)

Which would you go for?

thanks

Marty

Comments

• Jean-David Beyer
    Jean-David Beyer Member Posts: 2,666
    Options
    Do you know ...

Do you know that Spirovent comes in models for vertical piping as wel las the more usual horizontal piping? Perhaps such a model might make it possible to put one of these vents in between the boiler and the circulator, so as to run hotter water through it.
  • ecletrical
    ecletrical Member Posts: 22
    Options
    there are 2 boilers,

each with its own circ. The boilers and their respective circs never operate at the same time. Each circulator, when active, is also the system circulator.

I could use 2 spirovents, or course, but want to get away with one.

So which is more important for its effectiveness, low pressure, or hot water?
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,143
    Options
    0n the hottest point,

maybe the discharge of the boiler, given a choice.

How are the boilers piped together, ideally locate it so it "purges" both boilers.

Tie the expansion tank at the inlet side of the circ(s) not on the air purger if it is at the supply side of the boiler and the circs on the return side.

hr

hr
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Slimpickins
    Slimpickins Member Posts: 339
    Options
    What Hr said and ....

In addition to what Hot rod said about the expansion tank on the inlet of the circulators (Pumping away) that is where you'd like to tie in the make up water as well. I would make a tee after the fill valve to both boilers so you always have 12 -15 psi at the PONPC. The air eliminator always works best on the outlet of the boiler where you see the hottest water where air comes out of solution. 
This discussion has been closed.